The challenged students studying in the institutions under Seva Bharathi ® Mangalore have performed well, as below, in SSLC & PUC examinations for the academic year 2019-20. As per the provisions all our students availed scribe assistance.
Roman & Catherine Lobo Residential School for Visually Impaired, Kapikad, Mangaluru -575 004:
Due to COVID 19 pandemic, SSLC examinations scheduled to begin from 27th March 2020 were postponed. The school/hostel has to close. The students were shifted to their residences/native and some were to shift outside district. When dates for exam were scheduled to start from 22nd June 2020, they were to shift again, either to exam venue/hostel.
Despite the postponement of Exams, the inconvenience due to their shifting/re-shifting, the students excelled in the examinations. It may be noted that this is the only school with separate hostel facility for girls and boys available for general education of visually impaired children in the coastal districts of Karnataka. Imparting education, boarding, food are totally free of cost. Their scoring in the examination is:
- Ranjitha(from Yadadi, Kundapur Taluk, Udupi district) scored 91.36% marks. She wishes to become a Social Worker.
- Gaurav(from Patrame, Dharmasthala,Belthangady Taluk, Dakshina Kannada District) scored 75.36% marks. He wants to pursue Master of Social Work and become a Social worker
- Annapoorna(from Mangaluru) scored 68.8% marks, is a talented singer.
- Dhanush Kumar(Charvaka in Puttur Taluk, Dakshina Kannada District) scored 66.4% marks.
- Rakshith(Kokkada in Belthangady Taluk) scored 58.4% marks.
- Apeksha (from Punacha, in Bantwal Talk, Dakshina Kannada District) scored 48 % marks.
- Rakesh(from Sakleshpur, Hassan Dist) scored 45.28% marks.
Chetana Child Development Centre, V.T Road, Mangaluru -575 001.
Mr. Dheeraj (from Bondel, Kavoor in Mangaluru) scored 44.80% marks in the SSLC examination held in June 2020, despite his multiple disability.
Vidya Chetana Special School, Ramakunja, Puttur Taluk 574 241.
Mr. Manoj (from Nuji Baltila in Puttur Taluk) scored 60% marks in II PUC examination held in March 2020. Manoj is a Endosulphan victim with 85% disability.
Dr. Yogish Kamath, Anthroplasty Surgeon, Knee & Hip Replacement Specialist and Sports Medicine, KMC Hospital Ambedkar Circle who was present as a Chief Guest of the ceremony. The Trustees of Seva Bharathi ® Mangalore – Shri H Nagaraj Bhat, Secretary, Dr. U V Shenoy, Spokes Person, Shri P Vinod Shenoy, Treasurer, Dr. K. R Kamath, Shri B Ashwathama Rao and Smt. Supreetha A, Head Mistress with staff of Chetana Child Development Centre, volunteers were present during the occasion.
Seva Bharathi ® Mangalore, in association with, Shri Pravin & Team, the Co-ordinator, Mangaluru unit of Indian Red Cross Society conducted a Blood Donation Camp at at Nayrayana Guru Bhajana Mandira, Kuluru on 29.03.2020. A total of 51 blood units collected in the camp. Dr. U.V Shenoy, Spokes Person and Shri P Vinod Shenoy, Treasurer, Seva Bharathi ® Mangalore were present during the occasion. Local youths of Kuluru co-operated in camp activities.